Dear Bride and Groom
At Misty Valley Lodge, we realise how special your wedding day is to you. Our exclusive wedding venue offers the perfect atmosphere that any bride and groom could only wish for! Our facilities offer everything in only the best style from your wedding ceremony, to your reception in our elegant hall & your first night as husband and wife in one of the Lodge’s luxurious suites.
Our facilities are available for weddings as intimate as 10 guests, to weddings as sociable as 90 guests! Our well-prepared menus vary from a filling breakfast, to a light luncheon or a scrumptious three-course dinner. Our professional staff will cater to your every need. We look forward to helping you plan your special day and will gladly assist you with any requests or queries.
Hire of the Gazebo or Chapel and Reception venue, at a rate of R 15 000.00 per day. This amount serves as a deposit and is non refundable
- Draping of Chapel.
- Room for Bride to change in.
- Honeymoon Suite (Complimentary on day of wedding) - Night of wedding made up romantically with Rose Petals, Champagne, Body Chocolate Paint and flowers.
- a Complimentary breakfast for Bride and Groom the next morning.
- Make up of Roses in Rose Walkway in Ribbon in Colour of your Wedding
- Assistance in co-ordination, planning and execution of function in all Wedding aspects at MVL
- Tablecloths white for buffet and reception tables
- Full table set-up, with crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Silver-plated ice buckets
- White Chaircovers
- White Serviettes
- 2 Large 12 candle Pewter Candle holders
- Red Carpet for Chapel
- Standard furniture and equipment. [Please ensure, in advance of your function, that the equipment requested is satisfactory]
- All staff - waiters, barmen, etc.
- 10 x 1.8m Round tables seating 8 -10 people per table
- 100 Conference Chairs
- Register table
- Gift and Cake Table
- A cozy log fire on chilly evenings
- To relive this momentous occasion, Misty Valley Lodge invites you to return on your Wedding Anniversary to enjoy a complimentary evening and Bottle of Champagne on a bed only basis
Package does not Include
- Wedding Menu [Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner]
- Wedding Cake
- Floral arrangements, transport and displays
- Candles and centerpieces
- Music/ Entertainment
- Napkin holders/ Serviette rings
- Table plans, menus, name cards
- Reverend or Minister
- Welcome drinks or beverages
- Under plates
- Any additional décor or Linen not stipulated in the Wedding Package
- Hiring of specialized equipment
- Overlays @ R 20.00 and Chair tie backs @ R 20.00 ea
- Corkage fee @ R 40.00 per standard bottle that you bring
- Full Services of Misty Valley Wedding Organiser at R 5 000.00. This fee includes collection, organization and phoning of all aspects re Wedding
- A 20% surcharge will be levied on any additional items that Misty Valley Lodge arranges on your behalf
- A choice of menus is available subject to quality and/or supplier and seasonal availability.
- Customized menus are available should a client require a particular theme.
- Prices quoted include VAT
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements such as vegetarians, Kosher, Halaal or Food allergies.
- The Final numbers given will be the minimum amount charged for catering costs.
- Should the final numbers increase, you will be charged accordingly.
Full set up of bar is included in the Package
- We require a brief regarding billing instruction i.e. cash bar, main account, etc.
- No beverages, spirits, beer or food may be brought onto the premises for consumption without the prior consent of Misty Valley Lodge management.
- The Lodge will supply all beverages.
- Wine and Champagne has to be selected 3 weeks in advance.
- Cash Bar: Guests pay for their own drinks.
- Open Bar: Bar is open for all drinks on a consumption basis. (You can set a monetary limit after which it becomes a cash bar)
- Semi-Open Bar: Beer, Wine and Soft drinks to be charged on a consumption basis and hard Liquor will be available on a cash basis. (You can set a monetary limit after which it becomes a cash bar)
- We suggest you view our facilities and meet our Wedding Coordinator. For an appointment, contact Raphael or the lodge at 0796469712
- To confirm booking a non-refundable deposit of 100% is to be paid into Misty Valley Lodge’s account for Venue Hire.
- In the event that you do not pay your deposit within the time stipulated, your booking will be cancelled.
- Accommodation for guests: 24 Rooms, sleeping 60 guests depending on sleeping arrangements. (All sharing)
- Please note it is recommended that accommodation for weekend weddings must be booked for the Friday and Saturday evenings. Should the wedding party not make use of ALL accommodation, the lodge reserves the right to fill the rooms with other guests.
- Rooms are only confirmed once a 50% non-refundable deposit is received.
- Our check in time is 14H00 and our check out time is 10H00 on day of departure.
- A refundable breakage deposit of a R1000.00 is required.
- Children under 12 stay for free if they stay in the same room as the parents.
- Children 12+ will be charged full price
- Babysitters are available on request @ R60.00 per hour, per family. (Rate will increase to R100.00 per hour after 24H00)
- Children under 12 will only be charged 30% of the agreed adult menu price. Kids under 3 are free.
Set up & Cut off times
- Overtime will be charged for the venue after 24H00 at R400.00 per hour.
- Set up on the day before cannot be guaranteed especially when a venue is utilized the night prior to the wedding.All equipment and décor must be removed by 10 o’clock the next day, as we have no storage space available.
- Items not collected may be left outside in the open and we do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss.
- On Confirmation of Booking: Gazebo/Reception Venue Hire Payments in full
- 1 Month prior: Confirm Menu and Bar requirements / Final Payment & final appointment / Final Checklist / Procedures of wedding day should be discussed/Final Payment on Outstanding Account
- 2 Months prior: Final rooming list for guests/50% Payment Invoice outstanding
- 2 Weeks prior: Final payment of wedding guests reservation
- 7 Days prior: Client to return seating plan / numbers and seating allocations / Printed Table plan/Any Extra Amounts Payable.
- Should the client need to cancel a reservation subsequently to the venue hire or deposit being paid, a refund at management’s discretion will be made. This will only be made should we be able to re-sell the venue for a similar function on the date for which the function was booked.
- In the event of non-payment of the venue hire fees within the time specified, Misty Valley Lodge shall be entitled to cancel a provisional booking without further notice or liability to the client.
- In the event of any other fees not paid by the client within the time specified, Misty Valley Lodge shall be entitled to cancel a booking after notifying the client.
- Money is non-refundable once paid by the client within stipulated period.
- Misty Valley Lodge reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, shortage of labor, strikes, industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of Misty Valley Lodge, which shall prevent it from performing its obligations. In these circumstances all effort will be made to find an alternative venue.
- Client must confirm all cancellations in writing.
Risk / Loss / Damage
- No paper confetti is allowed at Misty Valley Lodge. You are welcome to use fresh flower petals or potpourri. If paper confetti was used regardless of the agreement, the client will be charged per hour for casual cleaning staff.
- Misty Valley Lodge will not be held liable for any damage caused during the transportation of any property, including but not limited to, candles, flowers, vases or cakes etc.
- Misty Valley Lodge shall not be held liable for interruptions of services (water, electricity, sanitary services)
- Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of your belongings, Misty valley Lodge will not be liable for loss or damage to any property (Décor, flowers, wedding gifts, valuables, etc.) before, during and after the function.
- We recommend that all personal and valuable property be removed directly after the function.
- Should any damages occur to any property belonging to Misty Valley Lodge - Buildings, surrounding gardens, décor, carpets, linen, crockery, cutlery or any hired goods brought onto the premises for the function, the client will be held responsible and will be billed accordingly.
- Misty Valley Lodge, its employees or any person employed at any function will not be held liable to any loss, injury to persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever
Should this confirmed booking be cancelled, we draw your attention to the cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Policy Pertaining Banquet Room and Garden Venue
1. 6 - 12 months prior to date, to pay 25% of the total value of the function.
2. 3 - 6 months prior to date, to pay 50% of the total value of the function.
3. 1 - 3 months prior to date, to pay 90% of the total value of the function.
4. Less than 30 days, to pay 100% of the total value of the function.
Banking details are as follows:
First National Bank - Wadeville
Misty Valley Lodge
Branch code: 251542
Account no.: 62087171832